Saturday, August 28, 2010

Our first 2 weeks at home






















It has been a while since I posted. I guess you could say I have been busy. Bryce and I are becoming quite a team. He is definately getting settled in. He still hates to go to bed at night or go down for a nap. I dont think it is due to sleeping alone, I think he thinks he will miss something. We settled right in and had his jet lag under control in about 4 days. He now sleeps through the night. He is eating anything and everything. In China he hated carrots, not in the US!
Bryce attended his Clef Clinic at Childrens Mercy this week and is scheduled for pallet surgery on September 15. The will repair the pallet only at this time and any reconstructive surgery will take place when he is older. He has slight hearing loss due to fluid in the ears, he will have tubes put in during the surgery. We will begin speech theropy soon after he heals.

My mom stayed with me until Thursday of this week and really bonded with Bryce, he loves Grandma. I almost through-up when she left thinking about being alone. Bryce and I are doing just fine.

We visited Des Moines where Bryce met his aunts, uncles and cousins. He loved meeting his family and warmed up to everyone quickly.
Bryce helped me put together his new dresser that his aunts and uncles bought for him. He is quite the little helper.

Bryce also loves his dog Sabrina and frequently shares he bed.

2 comments:

  1. Bryce is so cute!! It's so good to hear how well you are both doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelley--Bryce is so adorable! We bet you're having so much fun!

    Susan and Morgan

    ReplyDelete